Adding Calendar Events to the Culverhouse Calendar
Most college events that will take place in college buildings should be added to the calendar system as soon as details are finalized, the Event Reservation form has been completed, and the event is confirmed and approved by the Culverhouse events team.
If events will take place elsewhere, such as an offsite or virtual gathering, or are deadlines specific to Culverhouse such as an application deadline, they may be added to the calendar without completing the event reservation form.
Questions about events? Contact the Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the calendar system? Contact the Culverhouse Marcomm team at email@example.com.
Below are instructions on utilizing the UA calendar system.
- Visit https://calendar.ua.edu and click “Submit an event” at the top of the page.
- Login using your myBama credentials.
- Fill out the corresponding form.
Please include all relevant event information in the description. This includes but is not limited to:
- Contact information
- Specific location directions
- Ticket pricing and information
- Registration instructions
- Speaker information and related links
- Details on food
The UA calendar system only includes locations that are on campus with a few local exceptions. For any location that does not auto-populate when you begin typing, be sure it is added to the description. This makes sure visitors can find the location of the event if it does not render in the location section. Adding a link to a Google Maps pin may be helpful.
Some examples include:
- Any event in a city other than Tuscaloosa
- ABHOF events
- Alumni receptions
- Career Center visits
- Recruiting visits
- Some downtown locations
Filter selectors include:
- Event Type
- NOTE IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING A DEADLINE/DATE RELATED TO A COLLEGE PROGRAM: Do NOT select “Academic Dates & Deadlines.” This is managed by the UA Administration. Selecting this option will result in Culverhouse calendar admins selecting a different event type on your behalf. Instead, select “Culverhouse College of Business” for the “Department” field.
- The Culverhouse College of Business has listed each of its academic, outreach, and college-wide departments to choose from. Please select the department that matches the event you are submitting.
- Target Audience
Be sure to tag “Culverhouse College of Business” AND your department/unit when adding your event. If you fail to tag “Culverhouse College of Business,” your event will not display on the College’s calendar and may not show up on your departmental calendar.
The ticketing section allows for a ticket cost and a ticket link. If you leave the ticket cost section blank, it will print “Register” with the link you insert in the ticket link box.
Any registration form generated through Handshake, Qualtrics, Google Forms, etc. must be added here, if not in the event description.